Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Comdirect Changed their Mind!

Someone called me from Comdirect on Monday and told me that they will open my account as soon as I send them the W-9 from the IRS, the Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. Because I have the possibility of opening a securities account with Comdirect, they may have to report my earnings to the IRS.

Yes, German bureaucracy, I will fill it out!

They will open my account immediately, and I should receive my cards and passwords in the mail in a week. So opening an online checking account with Comdirect has taken me approximately a month and a half. Of course, it took me a while to gather all my documents to fax them. But still, it was not as easy as applying for an America-based online checking account, which takes all of 20 minutes.

Hopefully, everything goes well, and I still get my sign-up bonus!

No comments: