Monday, December 1, 2008

Comdirect ‘Depot’ Account

So, I made a mistake. The comdirect account I mentioned in my last post is an online brokerage account, not a checking account. But opening it still gives you 7,500 topbonus miles with Air Berlin.

Here are the details I found on comdirect:

* Free for at least 1 year
* Three free trades at the German stock exchanges and in OTC trading
* Cost for custody transfer to comdirect

The custodian fee waiver is only available in conjunction with the activation of Postbox, an electronic mailbox for order slips and other communications.

Since I am looking for a new checking account, I will not look any more into this program.

But while looking at this account, I saw that comdirect will give you 12 euros a year to have Girokonto account with them. In my next post, I will tell you what I learned about the GiroKonto.

No comments: