Monday, December 15, 2008

PostIdent : Identifying Myself at the Post Office to Open a Girokonto with Comdirect

After printing out my application for a checking account at Comdirect, I reviewed and signed then. Then I went to the post office with only my passport, but that was not enough.

I went back a second time with my address registration at the Bezirksamt. So despite what the directions from Comdirect say, you need more than a passport if you are a foreigner.


The process itself was easy: I handed over the papers from Comdirect, my passport, and the address registration. The postal worker entered all my information into her computer, printed out a form for me to sign with my information, photocopied my passport, and sent it off.

So hopefully I will hear from Comdirect in the next few days about whether my account is open. I can’t wait to get my pens in the mail!

No comments: